Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Learing Curve.....



OK, I had to find my blog.... then I hd to figure out what I did for a password....  and then figure out how to reset the password....   ok I am in .....  Then today I went to a lovely hike in the hills with the faithful puppy dog......



I am aiming to get on the loom and finish the ray chenille.... which is ending up to be a surprise.... I regret my lack of planning.....  the backside of the chenille has floats I didi not expect....   will see what happens...   look carefully at the next two photos.... first here is the bottom side on the cloth beam














then the next photo is the top side....   argh....  ok ,  I am learning...  it doesn't look so rough in rel life on the top....
  the book I pulled the draw down from did not give any hint the back side was going to be different....

I love the zig zag pattern and was hoping to use the woven chenille for a ruana....   but the floats.....   I am weavinf at nearly 30 threads per inch in the reed..... any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susan. I hope you can find your way back here. This is a gentle prod to ask if you want to get in on the design challenge. If so, please email me with your postal address? Thanks. Meg

    ReplyDelete